|
6 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to get image into Wolfram engine

Posted 2 years ago

Hi All, I used my computer camera to show an image of my face. Apparently this is what Stephen Wolfram did in his 'Introduction to Wolfram Language' to get his face into the language to manipulate the image. For me it didn't work. Here is what happened; Wolfram Language 12.3.1 Engine for Microsoft Windows (64-bit) Copyright 1988-2021 Wolfram Research, Inc.

In[1]:= CurrentImage[]

CurrentImage::checkcam: 
   The camera EasyCamera is not available. Check that the camera is properly connected and that it is
     not currently in use by another application.

Out[1]= $Failed

In[2]:= 

Does anybody know what this easy camera is? Is it some special kind of camera that I need to connect?

POSTED BY: peter clarke
6 Replies
Posted 2 years ago

Thanks Ahmed. I will try that

Posted 2 years ago

Hi Ahmed, From your reply I take it that EasyCamera is a piece of software you can use with your camera. The problem I see with this is that my Canon camera has its own software. So how would I be able to bypass the canon software and use the EasyCamera software instead? I have Windows 10 and a Lenovo laptop. Looking forward to your reply.

I am not sure if Canon's software is causing the problem? my suggestions is to remove any software that may use the camera, then make sure that its driver is updated.

POSTED BY: Ahmed Elbanna

It may be a driver issue. EasyCamera had some driver issues at its early versions for Windows 10. I also remember having this issue with my Lenovo laptop, and it was fixed after couple of software updates.

POSTED BY: Ahmed Elbanna
Posted 2 years ago

The list of available devices

$ImagingDevices

The current device

$ImagingDevice

If the only device you have is EasyCamera and it is the current device then most likely the reason for failure is what is reported in the error message

Check that the camera is properly connected and that it is not currently in use by another application

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Posted 2 years ago

EasyCamera is not a device but a piece of software to use with a camera that you may have. I have a Canon. So apparently I would have to somehow bypass the Canon software to use the EasyCamera software.Then this would be the only way to get an image into the Wolfram engine for processing. Refer to the other answer on this subject.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract