|
5 Replies
|
6 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Using ExternalMedia and CoolProp in SystemModeler

Posted 2 years ago

Hi ExternalMedia and CoolProp is a Modelica third party library that can be compiled and used within Modelica 3.2.3

Has anyone used this within Wolfram SystemModeler and is there instructions for installing the library.

Is it just the case of compiling the library and then loading the package?

Anyone with success and advice for this would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

POSTED BY: Craig Branch
5 Replies

Unfortunately I can't promise a date or version where this will supported.

I have added you as requesting this to the internal issue, which will increase its priority when planning what to focus on for future versions.

POSTED BY: Malte Lenz
Posted 2 years ago

Thanks for the reply. Given Systemmodeler is meant to be 3.2.3 MSL compliant when do you think it will have this functionality. My company spent a lot on licenses and I would expect if you can select the MSL version it would have the correct functionality.

Unfortunately ExternalMedia uses a construct that requires evaluating external functions during the building of models, since results of such functions are used for constants/structural elements in the model.

System Modeler doesn't currently support such uses of external functions, so ExternalMedia will not work in current versions of System Modeler.

POSTED BY: Malte Lenz
Posted 2 years ago

Hi I have ExternalMedia and CoolProp working in OpenModelica but it does not work in Systemmodeler. Its like Systemmodeler can not find the library although the error just says a variable is not declared. This was the error that Openmodelica has before I compiled to a shared library. That fixed the problem there.

Is there a place or way to tell sysytemmodeler to use a shared library.

Blockquote Is there a place or way to tell sysytemmodeler to use a shared library.

System Modeler more or less only passes the base library name and library path to the linker and at least ld will use the shared one if it exists. I don't know how it works on Windows, but to be sure I guess you can delete the static one.

You can read about the annotations used for specifying the library name and path here: https://specification.modelica.org/maint/3.5/functions.html#annotations-for-external-libraries-and-include-files

Otto

POSTED BY: Otto Tronarp
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract