|
11 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Error Derivative::novar in PDEs?

Posted 2 years ago

Hi, I want to solve system of PDE equations with boundary conditions (image1), but at first, I want to setup a formulation (notebook1). My formulation send an error that "Derivative::novar: [PartialD](f[[Eta]]') cannot be interpreted. A partial derivative requires a subscript differentiation variable."

Please help me, what can I do?

Best Regards.

image1: original problem equations

POSTED BY: Saleh Baradaran
11 Replies

I did some more work. Look at the notebook.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Hans Dolhaine

Hello Dear Hans

Thank you so much for your attention, thank you very very much for your code, i find my mistake by your code.

Thanks

In the right hand side, differentiate f with respect to xi, that give zero !! i can't undesrtand what's wrong and why it give me zero :(

You say f is a function of eta, not xi. So differentiation of f[ et ] with respect to xi gives zero, f does not depend on xi.

No, I think by mistake, f is a function of eta & xi at same time. Now what am I to do?

in this case replace everywhere (!) f[ et ] by f[ et, xi ] :

e1R = xi (D[f[et, xi], et] D[D[f[et, xi], et], xi] - D[f[et, xi], et, et] D[f[et, xi], xi])

And check the notebook I sent. I think there are errors: I didn't change \ [Eta] always by et, as it must be.

Thank you really so much.

The left hand side of equation1 should look like this, do you agree?

e1L = D[f[et], {et, 3}] + (1 + xi Cot[xi]) f[\[Eta]] D[f[et], {et, 2}] - (D[f[et], et])^2 + 
  9/8 Sin[2 xi]/xi + \[CapitalLambda] Sin[xi]/
   xi (\[Theta][\[Eta]] + N\[Phi][et]) +   Subscript[k, 1] (3/2 Sin[xi]/xi - D[f[et], et]) + 
  Subscript[k, 2] ((3/2 Sin[xi]/xi)^2 - (D[f[et], et])^2)

What is Nphi? And what is f[ et ]? In the right hand side you differentiate f with respect to xi, that should give zero, or I do not understand what you want to do.

That looks nice. Like calligraphy.

But what do you mean for example by cot[Xi]? Perhaps Cot[[Xi]] ?

I suggest you refomulate your code like

e1 = D[f[et], {et, 3}] + (1 + et Cot[et]) f[\[Eta]] Derivative[f[et], {et, 2}] - (D[f[et`], et])^2

and so on.

An later on you set xi to zero. But there are terms divided by xi, so care is necessary!

You should show your code, not the equations. Where is notebook1?

I put my notebook in my discussion, but send to you again.

Thank you.

Attachments:
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract