|
7 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

^-/ not working in V13. on my Mac?

Posted 2 years ago

I cannot create a fraction using the keyboard sequence ^-/ since I updated to version 13 on my Mac, MacOS v 12.0.1

Any ideas?

POSTED BY: Per Hedegard
7 Replies
Posted 2 years ago

Thanks a lot. That worked!

Per,

I think the change is happening on the Macintosh side. I just changed my Mac to use ^+' in my system preferences->keyboard->shortcuts by adding a shortcut to this:

enter image description here

My shortcut changes in Mathematica to this:

My guess is that you either have somehow added a Mathematica specific shortcut change or a global shortcut that is interfering with Mathematica. I would review the settings in this dialog -- make sure a Mathematica key was not added at upgrade and go through the other shortcuts and make sure a global setting is not interfering.

Regards,

Neil

POSTED BY: Neil Singer
Posted 2 years ago

I am afraid, this is not used either. In MenuSetup.tr you find the line:

MenuItem["Fraction", "Fraction", MenuKey["/", Modifiers->{"Control"}]]

while the actual menu item is ^´, as seen in Olav Fosse's post above.

You may try modifying the file MenuSetup.tr, which takes precedence over KeyEventTranslations.tr.

POSTED BY: Gianluca Gorni
Posted 2 years ago

Thanks a lot! Your screenshot actually confirms my observation. 'Fraction' has now changed to ^´. Is there a way to customize the keystrokes? The file "KeyEventTranslations.tr" does not work. In that the 'Fraction' has the old ^/ ! There must be a new way in the current version M13.

Posted 2 years ago

Perhaps it changed to something else. The current keyboard shortcut for creating a fraction is found in "Insert > Typesetting > Fraction" in the menu bar, as illustrated in the picture.

POSTED BY: Olav Fosse

Per,

It works on my M1 Mac running the same OS and Mathematica version. I would call support or do a reinstall. Are you sure you do not have software that intercepts keystrokes?

Regards,

Neil

POSTED BY: Neil Singer
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract