Message Boards Message Boards

Problem to open website with WebExecute?

Posted 2 years ago

A website opens properly with SystemOpen["url"] but fails to open properly with StartWebSession[] or WebExecute["OpenPage"-> "url string"]. Is there any way to use the $CurrentWebSession variable as the session variable in a WebExecute call in order to interact with the webpage opened by SystemOpen["url"]?

POSTED BY: Jonathan Miller
4 Replies

Thanks for inquiring. My password is embedded in the string so I am not going to share it. Since WebExecute appears to work with various public sites I assume private sites have gates which complicate WebExecute access. As a workaround I've created a Dynamic interface using SystemOpen so I am not going to use WebExecute. It's cludgy but better than nothing for the time being. Perhaps the developers will enable some process down the road. Thanks again.

Thanks for the help. I thought so, but hoped maybe there was a workaround. I'll work with the SystemOpen for the time being. Thanks again.

Posted 2 years ago

Hi Jonathan,

I am interested in understanding why WebExecute did not work. Can you please provide the "url" and "url string" you are using?

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Posted 2 years ago

Please provide the "url" and "url string" you are using.

Is there any way to use the $CurrentWebSession variable as the session variable in a WebExecute call in order to interact with the webpage opened by SystemOpen["URL"]?

No, there is no way to do that. SystemOpen launches the application configured on your system to open the type of file specified in its argument.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract