Message Boards Message Boards

Calculation errors in CurveFit Function Repository?

Posted 2 years ago

I just played with two examples from the Function Repository:

ResourceFunction[
 "CurveFitOverview"][{{1, 2}, {3, 6}, {5, 9}, {7, 11}}, x, "Exponential"]

ResourceFunction[
 "CurveFitReport"][{{1, 2}, {3, 6}, {5, 9}, {7, 11}}, x, "Exponential"]

Both functions are producing the same results apart from the output layout. Unfortunately, the results are completely different compared to the outputs on the related repository websites. Which results are correct?

I made this trial with the „Wolfram Cloud“ App on my iPad.

POSTED BY: Jürgen Kanz
6 Replies

Hi Jürgen and Alexey,

Rest assured, Wolfram team follows Wolfram Community posts. This particular post was discussed by the relevant team the day it was posted. You can also find many posts with internals' comments in them.
However, we always encourage members to report issues and bugs through support and feedback channels, which is usually faster. Same as Jim and Alexey suggested above.

POSTED BY: Ahmed Elbanna
Posted 2 years ago

You should probably file a bug report with Wolfram: https://support.wolfram.com/12507?src=mathematica.

POSTED BY: Jim Baldwin
Posted 2 years ago

I think in this case it is better to use the "Send a message about this function" link on the bottom of the function's page.

POSTED BY: Alexey Popkov

Jim & Alexey,

Thank you very much for your hints. According to the function's pages, I chose the community input to communicate the issue. I simply assume that Wolfram Staff members will take the input as a reason to improve the functions. It is not the first time that I do not get direct feedback from the Wolfram Team for a Wolfram Product related issue.

Therefore, let us wait and see what will happen.

Have a nice weekend.

Posted 2 years ago

It is not the first time that I do not get direct feedback from the Wolfram Team for a Wolfram Product related issue.

Unfortunately, by the Wolfram Team, little attention is paid to posts in communities. Only directly reported issues are guaranteed to receive attention, at least from the support.

POSTED BY: Alexey Popkov

Back on my PC with Mathematica V13, I have checked my statement. enter image description here

My result is exactly the same as the outcome of the presented ResourceFunction["CurveFitOverview"] webpage. Hence, I assume something is currently going wrong with the related Resource Functions.

It would be great, if the Wolfram Team could inform the community about the finalization of the needed update.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract