|
|
7 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How get MWordle to work?

I downloaded @David Reiss MWordle.nb notebook from the post https://community.wolfram.com/groups/-/m/t/2445356. But I cannot get it to work: When I evaluate the notebook, evaluation never completes. And the same thing happens is I load the auto-generated package MWordle.m.

What am I doing wrong (or what's wrong with the notebook)?

POSTED BY: Murray Eisenberg
7 Replies

It works!

Apparently I was just not waiting long enough for the code in the "Dictionary" subsection to complete. It is taking a couple of minutes on my machine with Mathematica 13.0 under macOS Monterey 12.4. (I do have various background tasks, including a security app and a backup app, running as usual.)

BTW: you can look at the cells with the WordList function and see if those are what's holding things up. If your x in 13.x is > .01 and there is an issue there you may want to test the WordList function separately and, if it is not working as one expects, report that as a bug. Let me know and, if that is the case I will download a prerelease and test over here and if there's an issue I will let the developers know.

POSTED BY: David Reiss

I'm using macOS Monterey 12.4 and Mathematica 13.x (This may be a prerelease version, but I cannot say here because if I did they would have to kill me.)

I sent a copy of the notebook to your mass.edu email address that I have and here is what I wrote in the email (BTW, I would not be the one to kill you for your x>0.1 but I don't have a prerelease installed at the moment):

*Hi Murray, I am attaching my copy of the MWordle.nb notebook. When I execute the whole notebook, the places where it takes a little time to complete are those that included gathering various words using the WordList function. On my computer these (there are two functions with WordList) each take 10 or 15 seconds to complete (of course I could get those words, Iconize them, and include them in the notebook but that’d make is a larger notebook). When the notebook has completed executing I then execute MWordle[Deploy] and the mini application opens up. (Note that you have to click in the individual squares to type in them — you can tab between them — I did not figure out how to automatically type and have the characters go into these input fields. That’s a project for my retirement! Best regards, David*

@Murray Eisenberg , what OS and Mathematica version are you on? I am not at my computer at the moment, but I will check things out again sometime this weekend and get back to you.

By the way, the code does some loading of Mathematica‘s word data, so you might take a look at the place in the code where that happens and see if that is for some reason getting stuck for you.

Also I would be happy to email privately a copy of the notebook to you in case for some reason something is getting screwed up with the download from the community site.

Posted 2 years ago

Works fine for me on "13.0.1 for Mac OS X ARM (64-bit) (January 28, 2022)". Perhaps try with a fresh kernel?

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi

I've done that! Would you please tell me exactly what you do? Do you open MWordle.nb and then do an Evaluate Notebook?

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract