Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How can you convert a presentation notebook to PowerPoint format (ppt)?

Posted 10 years ago
I need to present for an interview and I would like to use Powerpoint to present slides created in mathematica. 
POSTED BY: Ahmed Hagi
3 Replies
Posted 10 years ago
Thank you both for the advice. I agree that powerpoint is lacking, the only reason I needed it is because I only have Mathematica on my laptop and no wires or such to connect to a projector. 

Once again, thank you!
POSTED BY: Ahmed Hagi
Mathematica has its own slideshow as David mentioned with very nice templates. I quit using PowerPoint long ago - it looses all interactivity and computation present in Mathematic. Perhaps there is something to gain from some features of PowerPoint - but way too much to loose in terms of Mathematica.
POSTED BY: Sam Carrettie
I think the short answer is that this is not directly doable. 

But for Mathematica there is no direct Powerpoint export. You can however export the various elements (graphs, etc...) to formats that you can then import to Powerpoint.

Another approach is to put your Mathematica notebook in the Slideshow screen enviornment and then Save the notebook As a PDF.  Then from inside Powerpoint you can Insert as Picture and select the page of the PDF to go into a slide.  You will have to do this page-by-page.  I am not sure how this will turn out, but it's worth a try.  

Of course the better option if at all possible is to use Mathematica, especially if you have interactive content to show--it would wow your interviewers...
POSTED BY: David Reiss
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract