|
4 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Mathematica 13.1 in the house - Linux installation

Posted 1 year ago

POSTED BY: Daniel Carvalho
5 Replies

Hmm, I have donloaded the installer on my Ubuntu 5.15.0-40-generic x86_64 yesterday, but nothing happens after execution. No window, no process, nothing. I contacted support and they proposed a reboot, which I did. Today, the linux installer is even not visible in the portal :( Any hints how to resolve this? enter image description here

Posted 1 year ago

I'm using Fedora. I see the same thing in my User Portal. No Download Manager for Linux and no Direct File Download either. I guess I'll have to resort to downloading two separate files.

POSTED BY: Glen Deering

I hope it helps, good for sysadmin:

How do I perform a silent installation of Mathematica?

https://support.wolfram.com/47651?src=mathematica

POSTED BY: Daniel Carvalho

Oh, nevermind. If you use it locally or use X11 forwarding (it runs fairly well over SSH even remotely), the downloader retrieves the standard install script and everything is the same as before.

This is actually much nicer, since the downloader is a much smaller file to copy over the network and eliminates a transfer step. Nice!

The only problem is that I can no longer figure out a way to install/upgrade Mathematica from the command line, which made it easy to automate installation on multiple machines running in our lab environment. Am I missing something? Is there a way to turn off the GUI on the download tool and just do it through the CLI?

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract