Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
4 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Does the Pro version of the CDF Player work under Windows Terminal Server?

I found that any version after 12.1.1 no longer works on Windows Terminal Server.

If we were to upgrade to the Pro version, would the latest CDF player work on Windows Terminal Server?

POSTED BY: Richard Sun
4 Replies

Sounds like the base version of your instance of Windows Server does not meet the system requirements for 12.2 and later. I'm guessing it is not running 2019.

POSTED BY: Ian Hojnicki

Thanks so much for saying this. I was able to get a 2019 server setup, and you were 100% correct, 13.1 works under it.

Versions 12.1.1 install successfully on Windows Terminal Server, every version after Version 12.1.1 gives an error now. This happened to us with software before, and we found that vendors changed their licensing models for Terminal Server. So I'm curious if this is the same for the CDF Player, or is this actually a bug that was introduced and not found? I'm happy to open up a ticket if this should truly work.

Generally speaking, upgrading to Pro is not going to resolve an issue of this type. What do you actually mean by "no longer works"? And what version of Windows Server are you using? The only requirement with RDP (that I'm aware of) is that the session MUST be running with 24-bit color or higher.

POSTED BY: Ian Hojnicki
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract