Message Boards Message Boards

CUDADot possible issue in Mathematica 13.1

Dear all, after updating my Mathematica installation to version 13.1, I ran a few tests to check CUDA functionality. Things worked fine except for CUDADot. The command

CUDADot[Range[10],Range[10]]

should give the scalar product

However, what one gets is a pile of error messages:

StringReplace::strse: String or list of strings expected at position 1 in StringReplace[{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}[_class],`->_].
StringReplace::strse: String or list of strings expected at position 1 in StringReplace[{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}[_class],`->_]
StringReplace::strse: String or list of strings expected at position 1 in StringReplace[StringReplace[{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}[_class],`->_],`->_].
General::stop: Further output of StringReplace::strse will be suppressed during this calculation.
CUDADot::notsupported: CUDADot does not support  StringReplace[{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}[_class],`->_]-StringReplace[{1,2,3,4,5,6,7,8,9,10}[_class],`->_] product.

with CUDADot returning the unprocessed input arguments:

CUDADot[{1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 10}, {1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6, 7, 8, 9, 
  10}]

The other examples in the documentation computing dot products of two matrices or dot products of a matrix with a vector work just fine. Anybody able to reproduce this behaviour?

The system I am running Mathematica on is SUSE Linux 15.3 with an NVIDIA GeForce GTX 1060, both CUDA and Graphics Driver updated to latest versions: CUDA toolkit 11.7 and Driver version 515.65.1

POSTED BY: Karl Krieger

Just an update to the issue I raised: if one replaces

CUDADot[Range[10],Range[10]]

by

CUDADot[List[Range[10]],Range[10]]

the dot product is returned, although now as a vector of length 1. It is a kludge until the bug is hopefully fixed with the next version of Mathematica. Actually, I am wondering if anybody uses this functionality at all because the traffic on this board related to CUDA functions is almost nil.

POSTED BY: Karl Krieger
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract