Message Boards Message Boards

Using the ADALM-PLUTO with Mathematica?

Posted 1 year ago

Is there any possibility of using the ADALM-PLUTO with Mathematica? Analog Devices provides support for Matlab, but I wonder if it can be used in Mathematica as well. To complicate things more on macOS arm64.

POSTED BY: Codrut Popescu

Basically, from macOS Terminal, I can connect via the serial port like this:

ls -l /dev/tty.*

get the name of the device and then:

screen /dev/tty.usbmodem11104 115200

and I need to enter username/password, and once I am connected and can type commands like ls, ps, etc

to quit: Ctrl+A + Ctrl+\

I want to achieve this from Mathematica, so I have tried:

Wolfram Language 13.0.1 Engine for Mac OS X ARM (64-bit)
Copyright 1988-2022 Wolfram Research, Inc.

In[1]:= port = "/dev/tty.usbmodem11104"                                         

Out[1]= /dev/tty.usbmodem11104

In[2]:= dev = DeviceOpen["Serial", {port, "BaudRate" -> 256000}]                                                                                                                  

Out[2]= DeviceObject[{Serial, 1}]

In[3]:= DeviceWrite[dev, "ps"]                                                                                                                                                    

Out[3]= ps

In[4]:= DeviceReadBuffer[dev]                                                                                                                                                     

Out[4]= {112, 115}

In[5]:= DeviceClose[dev]

But it doesn't work, also I am a newbie, so I must have written the above wrong. Also, I need to somehow enter username/password.

POSTED BY: Codrut Popescu
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract