0 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Wolfram|Alpha function does not work in CloudDeploy

Posted 1 year ago

Hi there,

First of all, my appreciation for Mathematica grows every time I use it. The knowledge database is insanely comprehensive for everything I have used it for. I intend to make a YouTube series showing just how nice it is to learn/explore various areas, thanks to the built-in functions and convenient notebook format.

I have finished writing up a simple nutrition app that I am excited about, which works in my notebook. Unfortunately, this code uses the output from a WolframAlpha function call, and I am unable to use the WolframAlpha function in CloudDeploy. I thought maybe this was an issue with my license (I have Mathematica Home Edition), but I tried it on my Wolfram|One trial, and it did not work there either.

I have attached an example. I would like to use the WolframAlpha function to take in a user's string (a description of food quantity and type) and obtain the corresponding nutrition data.

Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you!
Toby

P.S. I have found an example of the sort of thing I want to do here, except that I also want to do stuff with the ComputableData result of the WolframAlpha query: https://www.wolframalpha.com/widgets/view.jsp?id=b62e21c5a338d1151c6f97f1dbd1fff

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Toby Im
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract