Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
6 Replies
|
4 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to reactivate Mathematica after reinstalled Windows 10?

Posted 1 year ago

Hi,
I've reinstalled Windows 10 on my laptop.
I've tried to reactivate Mathematica, but it failed.
Please advise on what to do to reactivate it.
Also, what to do if I reinstalled windows once again? I need to do so from time to time due to finding the operating system in a mess when I try my software, and sometimes the whole operating system failed.
Thanks,
Mohamed

POSTED BY: M G
6 Replies
Posted 1 year ago

To reset and restart Mathematica from scratch, follow this workflow. It includes deletion of the password file.

POSTED BY: Hans Milton
Posted 1 year ago

Thanks a lot for your reply. So, after clearing all contents from all mentioned directories, and if I reinstalled windows 10 again, can I activate it regularly and it will be activated?

When reinstalling windows or moving to a new laptop you can always reinstall Mathematica. I had to do it many times. Contact Wolfram support (or use chat mode) if above procedures described in this post do not help.

POSTED BY: l van Veen
Posted 1 year ago

So, after clearing all contents from all mentioned directories, and if I reinstalled windows 10 again, can I activate it regularly and it will be activated?

I dont know, since I have never had reason to reinstall Windows. Try it. Or ask Wolfram Support.

POSTED BY: Hans Milton
Posted 1 year ago

[$PasswordFile]

Is it possible to delete it manually? Where can I find it?

I had the same issue and contacted Wolfram support. You can do this: On your current laptop you should evaluate DeleteFile[$PasswordFile], this will remove the existing activation information. Then when you start Mathematica again you will be asked to activate, now enter the Personal Use Activation Key.

When you install Mathematica on the new laptop you will need to complete the system transfer form at http://support.wolfram.com/12412, this will then allow you to activate Mathematica with the Activation Key for Lxxx-xxxxx (your key)

You can access your license information and downloads via your User Portal at user.wolfram.com.

Go to the "My Products and Services" page and select a product to see the license information and downloads.

If you have any additional questions, please do not hesitate to contact us.

POSTED BY: l van Veen
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract