Message Boards Message Boards

How to replace placeholder frame for picture in Textbook template?

Posted 1 year ago

When in Mathemtica 13 Student Edition I am choosing File>New>Styled Notebook I can choose Textbook template by tapping New on it. In this template you can find Picture and Figure Placeholder frames (see screenshot in attachment).

Clicking on this frame and choosing Insert.Picture>... does not work. I can not delete this frame, also.

So, how can I replace Placeholder frame for real picture in Textbook template?

Attachment

Attachments:
POSTED BY: irek7
3 Replies

You're welcome!

BTW, in the template just below the Figure caption is a "Picture" cell with a placeholder image that is also non-editable. You can use the same methods to modify "Picture" cells (Method 1) or its style definition (Method 2).

POSTED BY: Larry Adelston

Hi Irek,

The cell is non-editable by default. It's a result of the cell-style, "Figure", that's being applied. The fact that the cell non-editable sounds like a bug. I'll report it. For reference, a non-editable will display an "x" near the top of the cell-bracket (see the attachment: Non-EditableCellBracket.png).

But you can make the cell editable. And it can be accomplished in a variety of ways. Here a couple of distinct approaches that override the setting without actually changing the cell-style: (Method 1) Modify the cell: This method localizes the change to the selected cell(s). 1. Select one or more targeted cells 2. Choose Cell > Cell Properties > Editable from the main menus

(Method 2) Modify the style definition: This method changes the option setting to Editable->True for all "Figure" cells by embedding a custom stylesheet. 1. Choose Format > Edit Stylesheet... 2. From the "Customize Inherited Style" drop-down select: Figure. A "Figure"-style cell will be inserted (see EmbeddedStyle_Step2.png, attached) 3. Select the style-cell's cell-bracket, and choose Cell > Cell Properties > Editable from the main menus (see EmbeddedStyle_Step3.png, attached)

Although it's a little more work than Method 1, Method 2 is more beneficial. It only requires a single change that applies to all "Figure" cells. Method 1, however, requires change made to each "Figure" cell.

Let me know if you have any questions or concerns.

Attachment

Attachment

Attachment

POSTED BY: Larry Adelston
Posted 1 year ago

Thanks a lot for your help. Your methods work excellent. Irek

POSTED BY: irek7
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract