Message Boards Message Boards

How to deploy a manipulate for a dataset to add columns and rows?

I am wondering if it is possible to deploy a Wolfram cloud page. I have two questions. Is there a way to make the user authenticate with a login? I have used the following code to make the user sign into the Wolfram Cloud, but I'm wondering if there's a way to make the permission read but not write by default to a dataset object.

CloudDeploy[
 FormFunction[{"from" -> "Airport", "to" -> "Airport"}, 
  GeoGraphics[GeoPath[{GeoPosition[#from], GeoPosition[#to]}]] &, 
  "PNG"], Permissions -> {"Authenticated" -> "Read"}]

Is there a way to use FormPage to create an interactive dataset with drop-down menus to add new columns and or rows? I was thinking of using Manipulate or Dynamic, but I wasn't sure how to form a Manipulate to add a new row to a dataset for example, the datasets at my Wolfram Data Repository item SI Brochure Data. I would like only to grant the ability to add new rows to the dataset to users I've granted permission to and add a button that would be used to ask for permission, similar to how in Google Sheets you can ask to edit a file. Please comment if you know which functions I could read about in the documentation to enable read permission by default and add a contact button for write permission which I could grant by adding a user to a permissions group.

POSTED BY: Peter Burbery
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract