|
3 Replies
|
6 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Resonance circuit: achieving the sinus waveform

Posted 1 year ago

Hello everyone, I have a basic serial resonance circuit, which simulates frequency converter with output square waveform and I am not able to achieve the sinus waveform during resonance. Do you have any experience with this?

The model is in the attachment.

Thank you.

Mike

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Michal K
3 Replies
Posted 1 year ago

Thank you, the dampening factor is a good point. I still have a problem with this type of simulation, I don't see any phase shift between current and voltage. When the circuit is below or above resonance.

POSTED BY: Michal K

You have to much damping and the period of the source doesn't match the resonance frequency. With a period of 0.00316 s and a resistance of 0.015 Ohm I do get a sinus.

enter image description here

Otto

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Otto Tronarp

Hi,

I'm not sure if you are trying to filter the square with an RLC filter or make the RLC circuit resonate. In the first case, you need to design the filter so it lets pass only the frequency of your pulse and filter out the higher harmonics.

By looking at the parameters you have set, I can see that the damping factor is 3. In order to resonate, the damping needs to be less than 1.

Check the article on Wikipedia and you will find how to calculate the parameters https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/RLC_circuit

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract