|
|
5 Replies
|
8 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Can Systemmodeler choose the solution method for simulation?

Posted 1 year ago

For example, I drew a Buck circuit on the Systemmodeler and wanted to use the inverse Euler method to simulate its solution and observe the error curve between the solution and the standard solution. Does Systemmodeler support such settings? If so, how to set it?

Then attach my attachments.

Attachments:
POSTED BY: James James
5 Replies

POSTED BY: Sergio Vargas
Posted 1 year ago

Thank you very much for your rich and informative answers, which helped me a lot, thank you!

Posted 10 months ago

Sir, I'm sorry to come back and ask you a question. How did you obtain the text for the import model section of your first line of code? That is the ellipsis in the following code.

model = ImportString[..., "MO"];

Yes, System Modeler comes with a small selection of ODE integration methods. To change method, go to the Settings tab of the Experiment Browser in Simulation Center. Near the top of that tab you find the Solver popup menu, where DASSL is the default choice for most models. For many models, the results obtained with the other variable-step method CVODES are at least as good.

There are also three fixed-step methods, all of which are explicit. I must admit that I am not familiar with the inverse Euler method (even though the name isn't that different from the well-known implicit Euler), and I'm afraid it isn't one of the offers.

POSTED BY: Henrik Tidefelt
Posted 1 year ago

Hello, Sir! Can I observe the error curve between the selected numerical solution method and the analytical solution?

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract