|
2 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

AltGr keys on European keyboard layouts

Posted 1 year ago

After decades I tried the math.exe kernel by the command prompt. Type in the search field

cmd /K "\program files\wolfram research\mathematica\13.2\math.exe"

I was a bit puzzled to see, that in the German keyboad layout none of the threefold keys: with the third character to be reached by AltGr - 'ancient Greek' as we had been used to call it) key was functional.

@ ² ³ { [ ] } < \ ~ µ | -> no response

Since theses keys a functional in the GUI mathematica.exe, there seems to be a missing key interpretation at the cal of mathl.

We already discussed the interference of Ctrr+0 with Ctrl+Shift+ 0 - = .

As a discussion on girhub by other European language users is showíng, this seems to be an more fundamental problem of the machine - software system - culture region - independent design of Mathematica.

Regawrds Roland

POSTED BY: Roland Franzius
2 Replies

Spuriously the ominous Natural Language input template [ "=" }showed up on my German layout keyboard by mistyping.

By systematic deep research I found the combination Ctrl+Shift+F7 .

This may depend on the system setting for the windows Fn keys : With or without shift. Thats because the other Shift /Non-Shift F7 is "Speaker lower".

Regards Roland

After playing with the diffferent menu\properties\ of the "cmd" console window, I got back the bracket keys on the German keyboard by deactivating the " Ctrl -key activate" check box.

Roland

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract