Message Boards Message Boards

OpenAI and Wolfram Alpha API needs extra cost?

Does anyone have already experience in the costs involved in using the OpenAI and Wolfram Alpha setup? E.g., do you need to have the OpenAI pro license to use the API? I believe it's 20$ per month. Does the OpenAI API have a separate API cost? I mean if you use Pro do you still have the same costs in using the API mentioned at https://openai.com/pricing#language-models When you use the Wolfram plugin are there Credits involved (is there special pricing possible)?

Really would like to hear about real life experience.

POSTED BY: l van Veen
2 Replies
Posted 7 months ago

Hello, I think my question is related. I wanted to use the Wolfram plugin in GPT, but first I want to know if there is an additional cost to use it. Do answers with Wolfram have an extra value to pay? I already have the GPT 4 subscription for 20 dollars

POSTED BY: Jack .

Hello! Ish from Wolfram Partnerships here.

To use the Wolfram plugin for ChatGPT, you need to have a ChatGPT+ account (which is $20 a month, you are correct). No additional license is required.

OpenAI APIs do have a separate cost, which you can find on OpenAI's pricing page. I do not know if a ChatGPT+ user receives discounted OpenAI API pricing, that is a question best answered by their sales/support teams.

If you'd like to have a chat about plugin use and our experience with it, happy to have a conversation. Would you send us a note at partner-program@wolfram.com so someone on my team can reach out to you?

Thanks,

Ish

POSTED BY: Ish Vardhani
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract