Message Boards Message Boards

Chat block divider in a Chat-Enabled Notebook using Swedish keyboard

(I'm using Mathematica 13.3.0 on a Linux Ubuntu 20.04.6 LTS, using a Swedish keyboard.)

In a Chat-Enabled Notebook, the "~" (the tilde character) is used to create a Chat block divider/ChatDelimiter for creating a new fresh session in a notebook (thus forgetting all the previous chats/text in the notebook).

This works when the computer is set up for an English keyboard (then using Shift-1), but not when using a Swedish keyboard, since the "~" character is then a "lazy" character: it's generated by the keyboard combination of "Alt-Gr + ^" and then pressing Space (so we can write combined characters such as "ñ"). This generates the "~" character in an input field, i.e. not the chat block divider.

Is there a way to generate the chat block divider using a Swedish keyboard?

The "~" is not mentioned in the help page for the LLM-Releated Functionality (guide/LLMFunctions), so perhaps it's not an official supported function?

Related: When doing a mouse over a generated Chat block divider, the text in the Style drop down is shown as "ChatDelimiter", but that is not possible to select when the mouse marker is in a free space of the notebook.

(I originally asked this at mathematica.stackexchange:. https://mathematica.stackexchange.com/questions/287132/chat-block-divider-in-a-chat-enabled-notebook-using-swedish-keyboard )

2 Replies

Thanks for reporting this. I've created an issue on GitHub to track this here.

POSTED BY: Richard Hennigan

Hi M. Richard,

The CellDelimiter issue is the same for many keyboards, not only Swedish, for instance French (AZERTY) one too. I know you opened an issue and solved it (last week) by adding a new style on the "Format> Style" list. We've been able to do the same during the WSS'23, and it shows the Cell Delimited. However, I'm not quite sure if the following prompts to this Cell Delimiter are independent from the previous prompts (before the cell delimiter). For instance, I've added the style ChatDelimiter in a ChatNotebook but the it still kept saying that i reached the maximum 4096 tokens, which means it still takes into consideration the previous prompts. I think something else must be changed besides the chatdelimited style. Could you please try to add the Cell delimiter after reaching the maximum 4096 tokens limit? I'm talking of course about the style we've added during the WSS'23 not the one you've shown on the githut #229 , I guess we'll get access to in the next version. Thanks for your support.

POSTED BY: Ghassane Aniba
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract