|
3 Replies
|
9 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Possible topic for publication on Community

Posted 7 months ago

This topic is more of pure mathematics, but all calculations are done on Mathematica so I put it here.
One day the question arose: how to determine centroid of annulus to be in the specified place?

enter image description here

Of course, it can't be usual centroid as a mass center. We can use symmetry, radius and concentric circle for geometric definition.
But this is not suitable for more general cases:

enter image description here

This led me to investigate the question of the types of centroids of shapes, which produced interesting results.
In particular, a simple definition for the specified center was found:

The point that minimizes the difference between maximum and minimum distance (inside figure) to the boundary

The analysis was conducted on Mathematica 13 using DiscretizeRegion and MeshConnectivityGraph
I have not yet published contributions for Wolfram Community and would like to ask:

• Perhaps someone has met the above definition (in more detail on stackexchange)
  • In any case, would it be useful to publish in 3-4 groups a small study of this subject using cool Mathematica features?
POSTED BY: Denis Ivanov
3 Replies

I see no reason not to post, if code is provided.

POSTED BY: Daniel Lichtblau
Posted 7 months ago

Thank you for encouragement! I'm interested, is it possible to use in posts interactive cells, or only results and images?

POSTED BY: Denis Ivanov
Posted 7 months ago

If you add a notebook file to the post using the "Add a file to this post" button then interactive content will be rendered in the browser as long as it is not too complex or resource-intensive to render. It can be downloaded and evaluated in a local Mathematica installation by anyone who wants to reproduce the computations locally.

POSTED BY: Rohit Namjoshi
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract