|
3 Replies
|
2 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

WSMRealTimeSimulate works on Laptop but not Desktop? Check Environment["PATH"]

Posted 3 months ago

I recently used Apple's 'Migration Assistant' in order to 'Transfer' all apps and data from a Laptop to a desktop. The process created what looks like a mirror, but something has not been carried over and I now get an error message when evaluating the command:

conn= WSMRealTimeSimulate[myModel, duration]

The first line of error messages is:

... StartProcess: Program wsml_xxxxxxYRevY_lsim_2642_45323_494871496852493782.exe \
not found.  Check Environment["PATH"] 

The rest of the messages state ProcessConnection[$Failed.....

I've evaluated the command below:

Environment["PATH"]

and get

/usr/bin:/bin:/usr/sbin:/sbin

Which looks odd. My first thought was to reinstall MMA 13.3.1 and Xcode on the iMac but that didn't resolve the problem.

Machine information:

• Laptop: Apple M1 Pro, running Sonoma 14.3 (Source)
  • Desktop: Apple 3.6 GHz 10-Core Intel Core i9, running Sonoma 14.3 (Target)**
3 Replies

Hi Sergio,

I can launch Xcode and can start the process of creating an App. At that point I am unfamiliar with how to use the IDE.

You are right tho, CreateSystemModel[ ] works for various examples in the Help, but SystemModelSimulate["HelloWorld"] gives the same error.

Robert

I see thanks Robert. To cover all bases, let's try checking first if StartProcess is fully broken in your setup. Try running the first example in its documentation page,

https://reference.wolfram.com/language/ref/StartProcess.html

. If this is not working then the problem is likely well outside of the system modeling functionality and indicates a bigger issue in the Mathematica setup. If, on the other hand, StartProcess works, then you may be experiencing an issue with the setup of the compiler. Please follow the verification and configurations instructions here

https://reference.wolfram.com/language/tutorial/CompilerForSystemModeling.html

. If this seems fine, and simulation still does not work, then maybe some paths to relevant directories are broken. In that case please email us what the lines

WSMLink`Utilities`withDebug["Exe", SystemModelSimulate["HelloWorld"];]

and

WSMLink`Library`SimulationWorkingDirectoryOption[]

return.

POSTED BY: Sergio Vargas

Hi Robert, can you try starting XCode and checking if there are any licences that need accepting? If this does not help, we'll need a few more details: 1) Is it only real time simulations that are not working or is SystemModelSimulate["HelloWorld"] also giving you errors? 2) Does System Modeler with real time or regular simulations give you errors as well?

POSTED BY: Sergio Vargas
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract