|
2 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Missing["RetrievalFailure"] message when using free form input

Posted 15 days ago

hello, I have just started learning mathematica (v 12.1) following along the examples in the book ""hand on start to mathematica". Particularly the example on page 12.

I'm getting the following output instead of a numerical answer. I could disband and expand the plus icon perfectly fine and can see the answer (72.674 or some such), the problem is the initial output (output [1] = Missing["RetrievalFailure"]) where the numerical value should appear.

i have gone through the documentation, searched the internet and tried fiddling with different options on the software but didn't come across any answer, have tried to fix and on my own with no such luck.

I'm sure this is something really simple, any little help would be much appreciated. Sorry about the screen shot, it didn't come out the way i wanted. Hope its discernible enough. thanks.

life expectancy of the world

POSTED BY: John Darcy
2 Replies
Posted 2 days ago

I'm also encountering this issue while learning Mathematica (v 12.1) and following examples from the book "Hands-On Start to Mathematica." Specifically, I'm facing a problem with the output on page 12 of the book. Instead of getting a numerical answer, the output shows "Missing["RetrievalFailure"]".

I've tried to troubleshoot by reviewing the documentation, searching the internet, and experimenting with different options in the software, but I haven't been able to find a solution. It seems like it should be a simple issue, but I'm stuck. Any help or guidance would be greatly appreciated. Thank you!

POSTED BY: Joe Ben
Posted 13 days ago

I am getting this, also in 12.1:

enter image description here

POSTED BY: Hans Milton
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract