Message Boards Message Boards

Error from NDSolve: PDE coefficient doesn't evaluate to numerical value

Posted 27 days ago

while I'm solving system of pde it is showing the error that "Equation or list of equations expected instead of "

Attachment

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Nithiya V
6 Replies
Posted 24 days ago

In that code I'm getting as "Pde coefficient {0,} does not evaluate to a numeric matrix of dimensions {1,2} at the coordinate {0.5,0.5}; it evaluated to {0.,} instead.I have attached the image of error I'm getting as well as the notebook

There is an anomalous, invisible character in your first equation:

In[12]:= op1 // InputForm

Out[12]//InputForm=
\:f870*Derivative[0, 1][v][x, y] + 
 Derivative[1, 0][u][x, y]
POSTED BY: Gianluca Gorni
Posted 23 days ago

Thank you for your response. Now I'm facing another issue that I haven't use findroot but it showing the error on that part ill be attaching the notebook as well as the screenshot of what I'm getting as error.&

Welcome to Wolfram Community! Please make sure you know the rules: https://wolfr.am/READ-1ST

The rules explain how to format your code properly. Posting code Images doesn't help other members to copy your code. Please EDIT your post and comment, and make sure code blocks start on a new paragraph and look framed and colored like this.

int = Integrate[1/(x^3 - 1), x];
Map[Framed, int, Infinity]

You can also embed notebook or attach notebook.

enter image description here

POSTED BY: EDITORIAL BOARD

You are missing an equals, that is, ==, in the long expression. Perhaps you want to set it equal to zero, or perhaps you accidentally deleted part of the equation.

POSTED BY: Michael Rogers
Posted 27 days ago

Thank you for your reply, sir. Now I'm getting another error sir I have attached screenshot

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract