I've recently been working on plotting data with error bars in Mathematica and I ended up building a package to extend included ErrorBarPlots package's functionality.
As compressed file formats are not allowed as attachments (despite being listed on Wolfram Language Documentation as the how to post post states), you can find a functional and documented version of this package and quick demo here. I'd be glad to get your opinion and feedback, so I encourage you to try it in case you are interested.
There is more info in zipped documents (check the readme and the demo), but the key points are:
- Each data point is just a List of numbers, which may include information on error bars. The meaning of each position of those Lists is set by an option when the plotting function is called.
- Error bars' ticks are considered in options like PlotRange, as they are treated internally as points.
- Logarithmic scales are supported.
- Several data series plotting is supported.
- Plotting functions include some options to make customization easier.
Hope you find it interesting!