|
1 Reply
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Coloring ListLinePlot based on a 3rd value

Posted 10 years ago

Hi I have x=longitude and y=latitude values and a z=velocity values that are stored as follows I have a list of lists { { {x11,y11,z11},{x12,y12,z12} ,.... },{ {x21,y21,z21},{x22,y22,z22},...... },... } and I am trying to create a line plot of y vs x using the z values to drive the colour of the line, for each of the lists { {xi1,yi1,zi1},{xi2,yi2,zi2} ,.... }.

For further Clarification.

The overall list contains sublist each of which is a single day's worth of data measurements which have been binned based on latitude and all values in each bin have been averaged. Using these {x,y,z} sets I want a plot to achieve the following Where data is the over all list, and i represent which day it is And on a single plot I would need each day to be its own line which would be shown by the something similar to this ListLinePlot[Data[[i,x,y]],ColorFunction-> Hue[z]]

If you know GNUplot It would roughly be plot index i using 1:2:3 w lp palette 1=x, 2=y, 3=z

So this would yield a line plot of the xy points that have a color gradient to show the current value of z. In other words I am trying to show how the z value changes as w Any help would be appreciated. Thanks

POSTED BY: Andrew Eriksen
POSTED BY: Alexei Boulbitch
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract