Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
1 Reply
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Where should I install Mathematica (part of a webMathematica installation)?

Posted 9 years ago

Hi everybody,

I want to add dynamic content to a website and i will do it with webMathematica. I already installed Java and Tomcat, but i am not really sure where i should install Mathematica 9 into. Should i install Mathematica 9 into the default folder or should i select the web server folder instead?

Thank you very much for your help.

Best regards

POSTED BY: Manuel Metzler

It should work fine if you install it into the default location.

You can however install Mathematica where-ever you want. The key is to make sure that the webmathematica configuration points to the kernel. Quoting the installation article:

"The most important setting is KernelExecutable, the location of the Mathematica kernel. The MSPConfiguration.xml file that ships with webMathematica contains settings suitable for a default installation of Mathematica for Windows, Linux, and Mac OS X. However, if you install Mathematica into a nondefault location, you will need to modify this file. For example, if you installed Mathematica into E:\Mathematica, make the following setting of KernelExecutable in MSPConfiguration.xml.

<KernelExecutable> E:\Mathematica\MathKernel.exe </KernelExecutable>"

If you don't know the location of of the kernel executable, try evaluating this in Mathematica.

First[$CommandLine]

If you have trouble installing this, I would suggest contact Wolfram Technical Support.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract