Message Boards Message Boards

iOS/iPad/android wolfram app wishlist

Posted 9 years ago

Not a question, but just an idea.

I'd happily pay for:

1. A notebook reader app for a tablet device. Such an app would only need to display static notebooks with bitmap graphics, or it could just be a converter to PDF.

2. An app for the documentation that does not access the web for documentation. All documentation could be pdfs with active links to the app's other (local) documentation pages. However, this may be too large for most tablet devices....

I'd pay at least $10 per app. Perhaps up-votes could be used as a measure of how many others might do the same.

POSTED BY: W. Craig Carter
2 Replies

Thanks Sam,

For the first one, I'd like to be able to open nb attachments that students and colleagues send to me.

For the second, I agree that I can get the documentation from almost anywhere, but there is still a lag. I also find myself going back and forth between several doc pages. So, it would be nice to have an app that could:

a) do completions on the names of functions

b) create a recent history of visited pages

c) rapidly loading of links.

d) give me an option for dark background and light letters (I do much of my reading in the dark and prefer dark screens)

I would guess that a dedicated UI could be created that might be more streamlined than urls on a browser.

I think if I had something like this, I could use it as a "second-screen" to my laptop.

POSTED BY: W. Craig Carter

Craig, interesting idea. I am just curios why "app for the documentation that does not access the web for documentation" ? Are not cellular networks (3G at least, even Edge) make internet browsing almost everywhere workable?

There is also this related post: Mathematica Online Docs Source

POSTED BY: Sam Carrettie
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract