4 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Function does not work with Import data from Excel

Posted 9 years ago

I am busy studying a Mathematica book (from Paul Welling) I have a formula from his book and I want to apply it to imported data from Excel. Stuck, just refuses to work on the imported data ? I tried some things but to no avail ? What could be the problem ?

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Chiel Geeraert
4 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

Well , after a few hours of trying the problem is solved. I didn't set up correctly in Excel. I had a list of two columns of names which I want to combine with 'UndirectedEdges' In Excel I already concatened the strings and imported them in Mathematica. But what I overlooked is that Mathematica sees the concatenation as one string and not as two separate string. So I splitted the names over two colums and now the import works as expected.

Thank you for your time, Chiel Geeraert

Can you upload the fbook_import2.xlsx file?

POSTED BY: suvadip mandal
Posted 9 years ago

Just writing helps a lot ! I think I overlooked the problem. With the import from Excel quotes are added , so instead of {{ John, Peter}} I get {{"John,Peter"}}. I have to get rid of the quotes ? Any idea ? Thank you

Posted 9 years ago

I saw too late that I made a typing error in the example : should be "UndirectedEdge"and not "UnDirectedEdge". But it still doesn't work.

Thank you for your time Chiel Geeraert

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract