7 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Simple loop example

Posted 9 years ago

I am new to Mathematica. Just trying to test a simple loop example: Do[Print[i^2], {i, 4}] It is a copy/paste from a published example with an expected outcome 1 4 9 16 Instead Mathematica output displays something different, please see the attached. Your help will be highly appreciated Thanks, Larry

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Larry Dubov
7 Replies
Posted 9 years ago

Larry, All I use is the built in documentation, hit Help and choose Wolfram Documentation, pick a topic, all links go to examples and they are copy and paste-able. Start with System Operation & Setup, and choose notebook interface, will give you a heads up start. P.

POSTED BY: Paul Cleary
Posted 9 years ago

Paul - Thank you again!

Much appreciated. Is there any "Get Started with Mathematica" where these simple things are covered? A book or other materials you can recommend for a quick start?

Posted 9 years ago

Larry, go into the Help system and search for "Virtual Book." It's good for getting started.

POSTED BY: David Keith
Posted 9 years ago
Posted 9 years ago
Posted 9 years ago
Posted 9 years ago

Hi Paul - thank you for the prompt response. If I paste the code as you suggested and hit the enter button, the cursor moves to the next line and I see no Output. The only way I discovered to generate an output is to start with "=". This seems to switch Mathematica into the free-form input

Your help is highly appreciated. Larry

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract