|
4 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Workbench 2 installs no app at Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite

Posted 9 years ago

Hi. I am trying to install Wolfram Workbench 2 at a Mackbook Pro running Mac OS X 10.10.5 Yosemite. (I am running Mathematica for Students 10.2.0.0, btw.) I have previously installed the required version of Java (no further configuration was done as was none was demanded at installation time). When I run Workbench2.0.0OSX.dmg it mounts the disk image (that apparently contains Wolfram Workbench app). A window named Wolfram Workbench opens saying Wolfram Workbench 2 Installer. And nothing happens as expected in a typical Mac app installation....

There is a logo for Wolfram Workbench in the window. When I click it (is this an IQ test, Wolfram?) the usual security dialogue stating that Wolfram Workbench.app was downloaded etc appears. When I click Open Wolfram Workbench opens asking for my selection of a workspace and the loads.

The problem is that every time I have to go through that long process. No app is installed at the Applications folder!!! Is that normal?! Please, how can I fix it?

In order to get Workbench 2 I had to buy Mathematica for Students and Premier Service on top of it. (That was quite expensive for me.) The process of buying and downloading Workbench was a nightmare: it took days and several emails to customer service that responded in the most ineffective way, always telling me to do what I had already done right. And now that. Please someone help me.

Sincerely,

Orlando

4 Replies

The installation method of dragging the application icon into the Applications folder is a standard and widely recognized method of installing applications on Mac OS X. It is the same method used to install Mathematica.

POSTED BY: Christopher Cole

Thanks, really. But AFAIK, there is a Mac way of installing applications which works. Why not to abide to it?

Best regards,

Orlando

After you have mounted the disk image, drag the Wolfram Workbench.app icon into your /Applications folder to install.

POSTED BY: Christopher Cole

There is a logo for Wolfram Workbench in the window. When I click it (is this an IQ test, Wolfram?) the usual security dialogue stating that Wolfram Workbench.app was downloaded etc appears. When I click Open Wolfram Workbench opens asking for my selection of a workspace and the loads.

Do not click it. Instead, drag the Wolfram Workbench logo to your Applications folder.

POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract