GROUPS:

System of non-linear differential equations

Posted 6 years ago
|
1 Reply
|
0 Total Likes
|

$${x(t)^2 y''(t)+2 x(t) x'(t) y'(t)-9, 81 (x(t) cos(y(t))-sin(y(t))) = 0, x''(t)-x'(t) y'(t)^2+x(t)-9, 81 sin(y(t)) = 0}$$

i've tried to input this on wolfram alpha but can't solve, could anyone help me how to have it solved? P.S.

it's a system of equations which comes from a mechanical problem that i shouldn't be able to solve for my math knowledges but i'd like to view solution to understand how it works at least

I cannot tell whether the comma in "9.81" is a punctuation comma -- which would be a syntax error in your expression -- or whether, instead, it's supposed to be a decimal point, which by default you'd need to enter as 9.81 in Mathematica. I suspect the latter, since I suspect you're referring to average gravitational acceleration on surface of Earth,

Offhand, the differential equations as given look quite nasty, and I would not expect an exact symbolic solution -- even after you replaced the approximate number 9.81 by the exact rational 981/100.

So you should try to do a numerical solution, and for that you'll need some initial conditions.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract