Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
9 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Newbie with some teething problems Quaternion package = where?

Posted 8 years ago

Brand new user of Home edition 10.3. I'm trying to use quaternions and when I type in <<Quaternions to load the package as stated in the "Quaternion Package" documentation - it complains that it can't find the package. Where is it and how do I get it? Thanks!

POSTED BY: lester welch
9 Replies
Posted 8 years ago

Hi David.

Please see the attached. Pdf overview and a notebook with examples. Also a simple palette. And I would say it is fully symbolic.

It would be interesting to hear your views!

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Hans Milton

Hi Hans,

Your package appears to work as advertised. Better than the WRI package. Nice work.

I wonder if you could write me at my email address on my Profile page?

Posted 8 years ago

I forgot to mention where the homebrew should be placed. So that Mathematica can find it. On my PC, Windows10, I have it in:

C:\Users\ ....\AppData\Roaming\Mathematica\Applications

Hans, do you have a notebook that illustrates the use of your quaternions package? Also, how fully symbolic is it?

Posted 8 years ago

Strange. What if you try another package, that should come with the Mathematica installation ?

<< Splines`

This is equivalent to:

Needs["Splines`"]
Posted 8 years ago

Thanks - even when I put the "backquote" in it failed, I also tried the double quote and the Needs[]. No luck.

Posted 8 years ago

Ah,...this worked. When I tried the quote from the keyboard, apparently the representation was wrong, however when I cut and pasted from your reply - (as you said :-)) it worked. Thanks!

Posted 8 years ago

Good. Now when this is cleared up: I attach a homebrewed quaternion package. It has a slightly different approach from the package included in the MMA installation

<< quaternionsHM`

enter image description here

Attachments:
Posted 8 years ago

Try this code below. Paste it in a notebook. It has the "backquote" after Quaternions.

<< Quaternions`
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract