Message Boards Message Boards

Display data for a report.

Posted 8 years ago

Hello, I am new on Mathematica and I hear that I can do my report directly with it. I did a title and several section/subsection and my code but can I choose to show/hide the code while printing? Somebody know a good tuto to generate report with mathematica? Thank you!

POSTED BY: Christophe Nell
2 Replies

Thank you, it's exactly what I was looking for!

POSTED BY: Christophe Nell

You can select the Output cells by the right hand side brackets and then double-click. This will temporarily hide the Input cell and you can then print the notebook.

As an alternative you can select the bracket of the Input cell and permanently close it by using Alt+C+P+O or using the Menu item Cell/Cell Properties/Open. (You can repeat this to toggle it open or closed.) Then print your notebook. This not quite as good because it leaves a thin but invisible space in the notebook.

One of those should do it.

If you were actually going to send the notebook to someone who has Mathematica, then my Presentations application has a nice feature. You can close the Input cell and then in a Text cell just preceding the Input cell paste an "Eval" button that will evaluate the closed cell. That allows you to include "boilerplate" code at the place where it is used in a notebook and hide it. The Eval button reminds the reader that the cell needs to be evaluated and allows him to do it without searching out the thin (and usually invisible) bracket.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract