Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
1 Reply
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Working with excel files (convert .scope to .csv or .xls)?

Posted 9 years ago

Can anyone tell me how to read from multiple excel files and write cells with common values to a new excel file. The excel file format is .scope. For example, I have "x" vs "y" data in multiple excel files corresponding to a third parameter "z". I would like to make another set of excel files indexed by the parameter "x", which contains "z" vs "y" data. Is it possible using mathematica? Thanks in advance

I have added the sample files for your reference (File x3 is missing). z1,z2,z3 are the original files with columns corresponding to x (x1,x2,x3) and y. I want to make files called x1, x2 and x3 with z values as the first column and y values selected from each of the previous excel files(z1,z2,z3).

If .scope file format is difficult to work with, please suggest a method to convert it to .csv or .xls

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Aswin eapen
Posted 9 years ago

Would you create three tiny sample Excel files, each file with a few x,y,z data points where some of those x are shared across the files and three additional tiny Excel files showing what the constructed contents should be?

It is not clear how your files are "corresponding" to z or how your resulting files are "indexed" by x.

Providing a link to Microsoft documentation describing the exact details of the .scope file format would be helpful too.

If you edit your original post to attach those six files, describe what the contents are and the files are only a few rows each then someone might be able to find a way to read those into Mathematica and see if they can construct the desired result.

POSTED BY: Bill Simpson
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract