Message Boards Message Boards

GROUPS:

Workbench internal error while opening notebooks (update)

Posted 6 years ago
|
3 Replies
|
3 Total Likes
|

Update: Are those session parameters incorrect for a 64-bit environment?

I have Mathematica 10.3 installed on my work Windows 7 (64-bit) computer, and Workbench was downloaded and installed last week. When I attempt to open any notebook within the workbench, I get this:

An internal error occurred during: "FrontEnd Job::Open Notebook".
java.lang.UnsatisfiedLinkError: com.wolfram.jlink.NativeLink.MLOpenString(Ljava/lang/String;[Ljava/lang/String;)J
    at com.wolfram.jlink.NativeLink.MLOpenString(Native Method)
    at com.wolfram.jlink.NativeLink.<init>(NativeLink.java:113)
    at com.wolfram.jlink.MathLinkFactory.createMathLink0(MathLinkFactory.java:263)
    at com.wolfram.jlink.MathLinkFactory.createMathLink(MathLinkFactory.java:190)
    at com.wolfram.jlink.MathLinkFactory.createKernelLink0(MathLinkFactory.java:167)
    at com.wolfram.jlink.MathLinkFactory.createKernelLink(MathLinkFactory.java:65)
    at com.wolfram.eclipse.MEET.mathlink.MathLinkInitializer.<init>(MathLinkInitializer.java:23)
    at com.wolfram.eclipse.MEET.mathlink.MathLinkInitializer.initMathLink(MathLinkInitializer.java:46)
    at com.wolfram.eclipse.MEET.mathlink.FrontEndLink.connectToFrontEnd(FrontEndLink.java:562)
    at com.wolfram.eclipse.MEET.mathlink.FrontEndLink.openNotebookImpl(FrontEndLink.java:817)
    at com.wolfram.eclipse.MEET.mathlink.FrontEndLink$NotebookQueueElement.run(FrontEndLink.java:1194)
    at com.wolfram.eclipse.MEET.utilities.JobQueue$Worker.run(JobQueue.java:104)
    at org.eclipse.core.internal.jobs.Worker.run(Worker.java:55)
Session Data:
    eclipse.buildId=unknown
    java.version=1.6.0_05
    java.vendor=Sun Microsystems Inc.
    BootLoader constants: OS=win32, ARCH=x86, WS=win32, NL=en_US
    Command-line arguments:  -os win32 -ws win32 -arch x86

The Eclipse version is apparently 3.5.1.

I did not perform the installation myself (I do not have admin.) I would check the system requirements if I could find them listed somewhere.

Help in getting it working would be appreciated.

3 Replies

I had the same problem. I mailed wolfram with the kind request to send me Workbench 3, and so they did. Solved some of the problems between Workbench 2 and Mathematica 10.3+.

Still it would be nice to have a new release of workbench (which they probably use internal...)

Agreed. Workbench 2 is many years old, which makes it unsuitable as an IDE when developing substantial Wolfram language applications in a group. Wolfram developers have confirmed that they use a more recent version internally, and that it is mainly a matter of packaging and publishing this version in order to make it publicly available. Doing so is important since it would make the transition from front end-based to IDE-based development much easier.

Same problems here.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract