Message Boards Message Boards

Install Mathematica 10 on Raspberry Pi 2 with Ubuntu Operating System?

Posted 8 years ago

I have found from Raspberry Pi website that it is possible to boot Raspberry Pi 2 with Ubuntu Operating System which is Linux based.

Also I found from Wolfram website that it has Ubuntu support for full version of Mathematica 10 similar to Windows version.

So I want to know after I boot my Raspberry Pi with Ubuntu Operating System can I install full version of Mathematica 10 on it.

The built in wolfram language inbuilt in it and not wolfram Mathematica, moreover Wolfram Mathematica is a full fledge s/w which support all he functions in any platform so can I boot my Raspberry Pi 2 using Ubuntu and install Mathematica 10 full fledged version software on in it ?

POSTED BY: Steven Fernandes
2 Replies

can I boot my Raspberry Pi 2 using Ubuntu and install Mathematica 10 full fledged version software on in it

No, it is not possible to do so because of the different CPU architecture.

However, the Ubuntu for ARM distribution that works on the Raspberry Pi is able to run the same ARM-based version of Mathematica that comes with Raspbian, it just needs some dependencies to be installed separately by hand. It is much easier to simply use Raspbian which works out of the box unless you have a special need for Ubuntu-ARM.

POSTED BY: Ilian Gachevski
Posted 8 years ago

I never heard of it that you can install it on rasberry pi. Who has told you this?

and what about phenq uk for losing weight.

POSTED BY: jessy Roll
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract