Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
4 Replies
|
5 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

What happens to the web deployments when they get old?

I love being able to play in the Wolfram Development Platform, but I can't help wondering what happens to all the web deployment experiments I try. Do they exist in cyberspace forever as ghosts of ideas that ran out of puff?

POSTED BY: David Moss
4 Replies

That's a good point, Carlo! In fact, DeleteFile also works perfectly fine on an individual CloudObject, so you can delete selectively as well. I was temporarily confused by the absence of a "delete" button on the Dashboard, silly me.

POSTED BY: Bianca Eifert

They exist for as long as Wolfram Research is in business and as long as you still have cloud credits.

It's not terribly difficult to remove them all (but be careful as this is irreversible and will delete all of your deployments):

DeleteFile[CloudObjects[]]

POSTED BY: Carlo Barbieri

There's a link to "Your Usage Dashboard" on the landing page of the Development Platform. On the Dashboard you'll find a complete list of all deployments, how often they've been called, and how many Cloud Credits they've used. You can also "un-deploy" any deployment (which essentially deactivates the link, you can re-activate it later). I'm not sure if you can permanently delete anything though... Also, the Dashboard can be a bit sluggish for me and sometimes parts of it refuse to build, but something useful usually happens eventually.

As for lifespan in general... I only have the free version of Development Platform which according to the pricing page has a "30 day limit for deployments". I'm not entirely sure what that means because I know I've been using deployments that were definitely much older than that. Maybe it's a rule that's only enforced when resources demand it.

POSTED BY: Bianca Eifert
Posted 8 years ago

This a great question David. I am new to Wolfram as well, but I wonder about the answer to this question. Furthermore, I believe that Wolfram will have to provide more answers to these types of questions if they expect to see more widespread adoption of the platform.

POSTED BY: B M
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract