Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
3 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Use CloudDeploy + Dynamic + CloudExpression/Databin?

Posted 8 years ago

I can't seem to deploy a dynamic expression containing a cloud value without entering an infinite loop that chews up my cloud credits. I've run out of half of them so far trying to get this to work. It works fine in my local Mathematica, but TrackedSymbols seems to have no effect in the cloud with the cloud objects.

CreateCloudExpression[1, "test"]

app = Dynamic[CloudExpression["test"][], TrackedSymbols :> {}]

CloudDeploy[app, "test"]

If I then click the link it just starts eating through my cloud credits while displaying nothing. The same happens with Databin. Any tips?

POSTED BY: Michael Hale
3 Replies

I am also trying to get something like this to work...pls post any results...TIA

POSTED BY: Aeyoss Antelope
Posted 8 years ago

Using Dynamic[Refresh[...,TrackedSymbols:>{...}]] Seems to work better than just Dynamic[...,TrackedSymbols:>{...}]. It seems the cloud restricts the updating of Refresh more than Dynamic, so the CloudExpressions don't cause the server to get into an infinite update loop that chews up your credits.

Posted 8 years ago

The following seems to work. It's fine for the moment, but I'm still not sure how I would have a dynamic display in the cloud that let's people choose a part of a cloud expression to view. Without predownloading the entire cloud expression I mean.

app = DynamicModule[{}, Dynamic[x], SaveDefinitions -> True, 
  Initialization :> (x = CloudExpression["test"][])]
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract