Message Boards Message Boards

Colocalization measuring methods/functions tutorials?

Is anyone aware of any Wofram image-processing tutorial or documentation/example that specifically address:

1) Intensity Correlation Coefficient-Based : (e.g. Pearson’s correlation coefficient [Soper et al., 1917] and Manders’ coefficient [Maanders et al., 1993]) or an extension of them, the Costes’ approach [Costes et al., 2004].

or alternatively:

2)Object-based Approach based on distance:[ Lachmanovich et al., 2003] and [Boutte, 2006].

Many thanks.

POSTED BY: Amin C
4 Replies

Hi Matthias, I suggest ref#1and ref#2(please see the PDF attachments) for the intensity based method and the object-based approach (e.g Euclidean distance and a certain threshold- Typically that is the resolution threshold-) respectively . Thank you for your consideration. It is greatly appreciated. Amin.

PS: I added some more info to the same question posted here: http://mathematica.stackexchange.com/questions/130622/any-colocalization-measuring-methods-or-wl-functions

Attachments:

Amin,

Can you point to a paper that you are trying to reproduce? Is Correlation on a pair of flattened lists of pixel values what you are looking for?

POSTED BY: Matthias Odisio

@Matthias Odisio. Did you get a chance to check out this question? Any tips or hints ?

@Matthias Odisio. I am very sorry. I totally missed your question/reply. Yes, I believe a correlation on a pair of flattened lists of pixel value of Red/Green for instance will do.

Thank you so much!

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract