Message Boards Message Boards

Allosteric Regulation: new downloadable SystemModeler example

A new SystemModeler example has been added to the list of downloadable models available on the SystemModeler site, Allosteric Regulation.

Allosteric regulation is a prime drug target because it reduces the risk of overdose and side effects and can be used to fine-tune pharmacological processes. This model studies a naturally occurring allosteric reaction: the first step in the pyrimidine synthesis, catalyzed by the allosteric enzyme aspartate carbamoyltransferase (ATCase). The free BioChem Modelica library is needed to run this example; it can be downloaded here.

diagram of model

In the accompanying notebook, you can explore the model using dynamic interactivity in the Wolfram Language. This is an expansion of what I presented in my previous community post. Since this example contains a lot more substances than the previous example, a list is used where you can choose which variables to plot. You can select multiple variables from the list using Ctrl+Click (Cmd+Click on Mac).

animation of using a list to choose states

Expanding on the example code I used in the previous post, you can add a list of variables to plot on your own examples.

Needs["WSMLink`"]
plotVars = {"x", "der(x)"};
Manipulate[WSMPlot[
    WSMSimulate["HelloWorld", WSMInitialValues -> {"x" -> x0}], p],
    {x0, 0, 10}, 
    {{p, {"x"}}, plotVars, ControlType -> ListPicker}, 
 ContinuousAction -> False]

The plotVars variable then contains a list of which variables to display in the list. You could potentially also set this to be all system variables:

plotVars = WSMModelData[modelname, "SystemVariables"]

or all system outputs:

plotVars = WSMModelData[modelname, "OutputVariables"]
POSTED BY: Patrik Ekenberg
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract