3 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

Stream connectors in SystemModeler

Posted 11 years ago
I tried a demo of SystemModeler some time ago. Back then I discovered stream connectors were not supported. As a fluid system modeler this Modelica 3.1 feature is very handy.

Could someone let me know if these connectors are now supported?
POSTED BY: Eric Meyers
3 Replies
Posted 10 years ago

The motivation for stream connectors is that using potential and flow variables for convective mass transfer leads to systems of nonlinear differential equations (with boolean variables for the direction of the flow). And singularities with zero flow. These systems are unreliable to solve. One way to simplify this is to introduce two directions of the flow and introduce two separate sets of equations for flow in and flow out. That's what the stream connector helps with.

A detailed explanation can be found in these slides by M. Otter, F. Casella, M. Sielemann https://www.modelica.org/education/educational-material/lecture-material/english/ModelicaStream-Overview-Rationale.ppt/view

POSTED BY: Johan Rhodin
Posted 10 years ago

I tried to read about Stream connectors and couldn't really understand them. Can you tell me when is it better to use them ? What is the main difference between them and normal flow and non-flow connectors ?

POSTED BY: Mohamed Mahmoud
Posted 11 years ago
Stream connectors are not supported in SystemModeler 3.
POSTED BY: Johan Rhodin
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract