Message Boards Message Boards

[?] Show gridlines on top of image displayed using Texture in Graphics?

When I display an image as a Texture in Graphics, I'm unable to show gridlines (in this case the image is a bitmap representing a geological map extract that's geo-referenced using British National Grid coordinates). I suspect that the problem is to do with the order in which the graphics objects are rendered (i.e. if the gridlines are rendered before the texture they'll be overwritten). I've searched the documentation and experimented with a few ideas, but haven managed to resolve the problem. I'd be grateful to anyone who could point me to a solution. A notebook containing code extracts is attached.

Thanks in anticipation.

Ian

Attachments:
POSTED BY: Ian Williams
2 Replies

Hi David, Thanks. That's done the job. Wish I'd posted sooner. I'm still finding my way with Mathematica and hadn't come across those options before. Very much appreciated. All the best, Ian

POSTED BY: Ian Williams

I'm not certain of this because I haven't done much of the Geo graphics - if that is what you're using.

But if you're using the GridLines option in your graphics then you can also add the additional option:

Method -> {"GridLinesInFront" -> True}

You can also use "AxesInFront" with the Method option.

Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract