Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
4 Replies
|
0 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Avoid repeatability issue of "For" after saving a file?

Posted 6 years ago

Dear Friends,

Attached *.nb file contains a code for a loop problem, and output is as expected. My problem is that when I am running the code again after saving the file ( or running again after deleting o/p & quitting kernel), it gets stuck in the first step of For loop. It is quite annoying as successfully running the code once means my code is fine, but then it fails for some unknown reason. Will be thankful for any suggestion. Thanks

POSTED BY: S G
4 Replies
Posted 6 years ago

Thanks for the suggestion. Would this problem be there even if I am doing "Quit Kernel" ? As you suggested, I included Clear[m, k], deleted all o/p and did "Quit Kernel", but problem persists !! Please have a look at atached file. Thanks

The first time you run the code, the global variable m has no value. At the end of the loop, m has the value 6. If you rerun the code, the command SEM[m - 1] - SEM[m] behaves differently than before. If that is a problem for you, just add Clear[m,k] at the start of the code.

POSTED BY: Gianluca Gorni
Posted 6 years ago

Please find the attached file, it has the o/p which I am getting after rerunning the code. Pl see the last o/p Thanks

Sorry, I cannot reproduce the problem. The output is the same every time I run the code, after saving.

POSTED BY: Gianluca Gorni
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract