|
|
5 Replies
|
4 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:
GROUPS:

How to make Mathematica to recognize my variables?

Hi, im new using Mathematica 9, and its quite useful for me because it helps me to study diferential ecuations, but im having a problem, i dont get my ecuations solved i dont know why, despite im sure im writing them right. I will add a picture

As you can see, the variable X doesn't get that light blue color that means that is a variable, and i dont know what to do.
Thank you for any information you can give me, please, excuse me if i made grammar mistakes or something, english is not my own language. Greetings.
5 Replies
Great! it's done!
Thank you a lot!
Try DSolve instead of Dsolve.
POSTED BY: Ilian Gachevski
Dsolve[y'[x] == (x^2)*y[x], y[x], x]
Dsolve[y'[x] == 2 x + 5, y[x], x]
These are examples of what im writing in Mathematica, but nothing happens when i press Intro, the only thing that happens is that the ecuation appears re-writed in this way, for example.
Dsolve[Derivative[1][y] == x^2 y[x], y[x], x]
Dsolve[Derivative[1][y] == 5 + 2 x, y[x], x]
Posted 11 years ago
Please copy an example equation which shows this problem from your notebook to your computer's clipboard,
create a reply to this message,
click on the   <>    near the right end of the second line above the reply box to enable pasting Mathematica code
and paste your expression into the reply box.

Then post that and verify that it is displayed as in your notebook, edit if needed until it is correct,
the color hilighting may not be the same, but verify that all else is the same.
Make certain that the example is simple, but includes all information needed for someone else to understand it.

Then someone else can reverse this and put your code in their own notebook and try to determine why this is happening.
POSTED BY: Bill Simpson
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract