Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
5 Replies
|
5 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

Fluids in System Modeler 5.0? Use of ThermoCycle?

Posted 6 years ago

Hi, Would anyone happen to know the status of .Fluids in Modelica 3.2.* and System Modeler? I am trying to model small system thermodynamic cycles. For this much of the ThermoCycle library is ideally suited, yet some blocks I must build myself. This in itself would be easy enough, but most functions have a dependence on elements of Modelica.Fluids. Does anyone know if and when .Fluids will be included and then part of SM?

Any knowledge would be greatly appreciated.

Chris

POSTED BY: Chris Benson
5 Replies

Chris,

I think @Patrik Ekenberg can answer this best. Their example online claims to use a template to define a custom fluid but I have not tried it. Do you have a simple example of what you want to do? I can try it in my version (which is a Beta).

Regards,

Neil

POSTED BY: Neil Singer
Posted 6 years ago

Hi Niel,

I have been using SM5 for some time with attempts with Fluids (and ThermCycle). While many aspects work nice enough, I encounter many issues with initialisation of fluids.

For this I have had to load Modelica 3.2 instead of the bundled package. From what I can see, the bundled package does not include Fluid. Is this correct? I had assumed all the issues I was having were because there were aspect that didn't work nicely with SM. If it is all meant to be working now, I will see if I can follow up issues with Wolfram. - it is a big project.

Chris,

Version 5 supports the Fluid Media library in Modelica. see What's new in SystemModeler 5.0. Is this what you are asking about?

Regards,

Neil

POSTED BY: Neil Singer
Posted 6 years ago

HI Patrick,

Would there be any updates on when SM might support Fluids? The SM platform is great, yet without Fluids, other option must be explored.

Thanks for the help.

Chris

Hi Chris,

Unfortunately, I am unable to give any estimation of when Modelica.Fluid will be supported in Wolfram SystemModeler. We are aware that support for the Fluid library is of high importance to users such as yourself, and support for the Fluid library is one of our topmost priorities.

POSTED BY: Patrik Ekenberg
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract