|
4 Replies
|
1 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How can I integrate this calculus?

Posted 5 years ago

Hi everyone! I am trying to carry out modeling of a system. However, in my modeling, I need to simulate/ integrate this integral which has been difficult for me. Please, I need your helps and inputs.

The integral is:

integrate {(ArcCos (((r^2) + (v^2) - (D^2))/(2 * v * r)}* {(2L r)/(1+((r^e)/(Z)))))} dr

I have tried to solve it this way, but I am not getting it.

A = (ArcCos (((r^2) + (v^2) - (D^2))/(2 * v * r)))

B = ((2*L * r)/(1+((r^e)/(Z))))

integrate(A * B) dr

However, writing it together as;

integrate ((ArcCos (((r^2) + (v^2) - (D^2))/(2 * v * r))* ((2*L * r)/(1+((r^e)/(Z))))))dr

gives this error:

(no result found in terms of standard mathematical functions)

POSTED BY: Sam Oke
4 Replies
Posted 5 years ago

Thank you for the information sir. It is helpful.

What makes you believe that this function has an antiderivative that can be expressed in terms of not only elementary functions (in the technical sense of the term) of the various non-elementary functions that Mathematica knows about?

Would numerical integration over some prescribed interval of values of r suffice for your purposes? If so, then for specific number a and b you want to use

NIntegrate[A B, {r, a, b}]
POSTED BY: Murray Eisenberg
Posted 5 years ago

Thank you sir for your helpful comment. Now that Mathematica cannot integrate it, do you know any other approach I can follow to get it integrated?

You have several fundamental Mathematica syntax errors in the code you show, along with unnecessary parentheses and multiplication signs.

Recall that in Mathematica:

• built-in names begin with upper-case letters, so you should, if possible, avoid those when naming things;

• the base of natural logs is denoted by E, not e (although a vaguely similar stylized lower-case version is available); and

• functions use square brackets [...] rather than parentheses to enclose their arguments.

Thus to start to correct things:

A = ArcCos[(r^2 + v^2 - d^2)/(2 v r)]
    B = (2 L r)/(1 + (r^E)/z)

Now try the integration:

Integrate[A B, r]

Unfortunately, Mathematica just returns as output a formatted result (with an integral sign) of the input, meaning it does not know how to integrate this as a function of r.

POSTED BY: Murray Eisenberg
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract