Message Boards Message Boards

Solve definite Integrals of large symbolic equations?

Posted 5 years ago

I have a set of large polynomial symbolic equations that I need to solve definite integrals for. Wolfram is not understanding most of my entries (they have been double checked and syntax is correct) but occasionally I can get one solved by Wolfram. I have purchased Pro to see if this helps an I haven't noticed a difference. Will Pro Premium help solve these?

Or are their any other suggestions for solving these? I have tried Maxima and can not get it to work. I am currently downloading a Mathmatica trial. I do not have access to Matlab or any other software I know of.

Thanks!

POSTED BY: Jacob Switzer
3 Replies

Publish the code, we will check.

Posted 5 years ago

I was able to do this work with the Mathmatica free trial.

POSTED BY: Jacob Switzer
Posted 5 years ago

It sounds like you might be using WolframAlpha to try to do your integrals. That has a relatively short line length limit and when you exceed that it seems that it truncates the rest of the line or confuses the recognition system. If that is what is happening then that would explain what you are seeing.

If you could edit your post to include a few typical example integrals and either indent each of those or use the double quote button at the top of the posting window to accomplish the same thing then that would keep the posting process from interpreting some characters as formatting instructions instead of raw mathematics.

With those readers would hopefully be able to reproduce the difficulties you are seeing and possibly suggest ways around this.

If you are dealing with simple polynomials then you might see if you could split one integral into several, integrate each independently, extract each result and then add the results as a later step.

POSTED BY: Bill Nelson
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract