Message Boards Message Boards

|
|
5 Replies
|
4 Total Likes
View groups...
Share this post:

How to show step-by-step solutions for Laplace transforms?

Posted 11 years ago
Hello,

I tried to compute Laplace transform(sin(3t-2)*e^(-2t)) using WolframAlpha and I see no step-by-step solution. I hope anyone could guide me on a way to show step-by-step solutions for solving Laplace tranforms. I am using WolframAplha Pro.

Thank you.
POSTED BY: George Ayoub
5 Replies

Can you please advice how did you obtain the special access for getting Laplace transform steps

I do not have special access, that was a joke (notice the smiley). I wrote the above myself. I think the best you can get now with an automated step by step is Sam's answer below using Wolfram Alpha.

POSTED BY: Nasser M. Abbasi

Hi Nasser,

Can you please advice how did you obtain the special access for getting Laplace transform steps?

Thanks

I just tried what Sean recommended and it worked OK. Not as detailed as Nasser, but that just computes a tble integral. First you put in W|A fully defined Laplace integral
int sin(3*t-2)*e^(-2*t-s*t) from 0 to inf
and then click "show steps".

POSTED BY: Sam Carrettie
I have special access code that I use to get step-by-step solution emoticon  Here is the solution, step by step:

Check with Mathematica:
LaplaceTransform[Sin[3 t - 2]*E^(-2 t), t, s]
POSTED BY: Nasser M. Abbasi
What kind of step-by-step solution would be useful to you in this case? Would you want to see a solution that made use of a table of Laplace transforms?

Step-by-Step solutions for Laplace transforms doesn't seem to be implemented. You may be able to get a solution by typing the corresponding integral into WolframAlpha.
POSTED BY: Sean Clarke
Reply to this discussion
Community posts can be styled and formatted using the Markdown syntax.
Reply Preview
Attachments
Remove
or Discard

Group Abstract Group Abstract